The purpose of this position is to estimate work for projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents. To exercise good judgement and complete high volume of quality bids to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve BAPKO’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze and interpret construction documents including architectural, structural, landscape and civil drawings.
- Examine scope items from project specification manuals to extract the materials required
- Collaborate and take instruction from Chief Estimator and Estimating Manager.
- Understanding the bidding process including preparation of thorough estimates of material, equipment, shop, field, and detailing labor costs
- Estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items & equipment cost to prepare a thorough bid estimate.
- Complete bids on strict deadlines with final summaries
- Reviewing of construction contracts and identify key insurance and damage clauses
- Develop business with new and existing customers and vendors regarding details in the scope
- Organized and compile Take-off sheets within the specified bid dates and deadlines, as required by our customers, and management
- Provide innovative solutions to complex issues as the arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials
- Safe working habits
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 5 years of experience estimating structural steel construction projects
- 3+ years of experience in reading construction documents in the construction industry
- The ability to interpret drawings, extract information and to present in an organized, high quality format in a timely manner
- Estimating experience with both fabrication and erection
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience with Bluebeam and/or Procore software a plus, will train